Structural Engineers & Architectural Consultants




When applying for planning permission, you need to consider several things. Does your proposed extension, loft conversion, change of use or development come under the full PLANNING PERMISSION?
Process or is covered by PERMITTED DEVELOPMENT.

Your Local Authority Planning Officer will want to see drawings that show the proposed development from all the elevations that will be affected – front, rear and sides. They will also want to see drawings as existing. A ‘site plan’ and a ‘block plan’ are also required and normally purchased on your behalf.

Our service – for a flat fee – does all of this for you.

Once agreed these drawings and plans are then submitted to your Local Authority Planning Department via the Planning Portal. Accompanying this there maybe additional requirements such as COMMUNITY INFRASTRUCTURE LEVY, FLOOD RISKS and DESIGN ACCESS STATEMENTS, which will be attached to you application, WHICH ARE INCLUDED IN OUR FIXED FEE AGREEMENT. However TREE, BAT, BIODIVERSITY REPORTS are not included, but can be arrange on request.

Occasionally prior to and before planning applications have been made their maybe adjustments required. These will also be done within our FIXED FEE.


PARTY WALL AGREEMENTS / AWARDS, must be provided if foundation excavations are within 3 meters of the party wall boundary lines. This agreement is a CIVIL MATTER and can only be done between yourselves and your neighbour. Note this is not a PLANNING or BUILDING REGULATIONS matter, but can be arrange on request.

Once you application has been submitted, the Planning Department will make a decision. The statutory time in which the Planning Department has to make a decision is 8 -13 weeks from the date of the application being validated.
Once that decision has been made and planning permission granted, we call you to tell you the good news. We make it simple for you.


Planning and all third party fees are not included in our price. Once that is done, you will need to submit a BUILDING REGULATIONS APPLICATION. The requirement for this are designs for FOUNDATIONS, DRAINAGE, ROOF CARCASS, MATERIAL SPECIFICATION, STRUCTURAL CALCULATIONS and accompanying SECTIONS.
This information is what you need to obtain ACCURATE BUILDERS QUOTATIONS.

OUR FEES ARE VERY COMPETITIVE, so please give us a call. We work with clients throughout the UK mainly in the South East as well as select oversea projects. We aim to go that extra mile to help you build your dream making the process run as smoothly and as stress-free as possible prior and during construction.


Why do you need a STRUCTRUAL ENGINEER?
This forms part of the building regulations statutory requirements for HEALTH, FIRE AND SAFETY. We are great believers that all renovations and extensions to be governed by STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY OF THE BUILDING MUST DICTATE FOR STABILITY REASONS. We have been quoted by many other practices as the ULTIMATE BUILDERS PRACTICAL ENGINEER.
This includes anything from a complete building structure, home extension to a simple beam calculation. We design all structural elements using up to date software (TEDDS & Autocad).